Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Cave - Did you have a cave when you were young?


Did you have a cave when you were young? Maybe you called it a fort, a spaceship, a pirate ship, a teepee or a play house, Well I had all of those at one stage. In reality it was a bunk bed with the sheets from the top bunk hanging down the side. It was great fun. Mind you I was much older than A & G, who are 10 months. This is our improvised cave. I've used a patchwork blanket and covered half of our dining table ensuring the blanket draped down three sides of the table. I then crawled under the table with a collection of items, stacking cups, some books, building block  and cushions. TA DAH!!! "The Cave" was completed.  Um, it might be a good place for me to hide in the future.


A found the cave first, smashing down the tower of stacking cups. The noise of the cups falling on the tiles attracted G, who came to investigate. A wasn't to interested in sharing her new space with her sister and spent her time shuffling around and ensuring her sister had a great view of her back.


G tired of watching A's back and took off at her usual pace of super fast.


Later, the girls played peekaboo together, with A inside the cave and G lifting one of the sides up. There was much laughter and squeals. Unfortunately I didn't have my iPhone or camera close to hand. It was one of those magic moments I wish I had captured.

A & G's first birthday is in a few weeks. I have to pinch myself, it's gone so fast and they have grown so much. I have something special in mind as a gift for their 1st birthday. I'm excited about it.

PS - Sorry pictures are dark, taken in haste using my iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment