Friday, May 4, 2012

About Us

Hi I'm Kelly, live in Brisbane, Australia. I am a mum to twin girls (A & G), born July 2011 and they are non-identical.

I started this blog to share information about twins, raising them, sharing what worked for me, things I would have done differently and my new passion Montessori. I’m not a Montessori purist or trained for that matter. I came across Montessori when G started crawling and I wondered how I was going to survive two moving babies. Should I buy a playpen? Where will I set it up? In my living area? It will keep them safe but what implications would it have. I wanted them to be safe, but I also wanted them to explore and experience what life has to offer, within boundries.

I had heard of Montessori before, but I thought it was aim only at the 3+ age group. It's not. Since discovering Montessori I’ve made changes around the home which I know have made life at home easier and I will endeavor to share some of my experiences with you.

No two day is the same, no two children the same, but everyday is a new day to learn and enjoy.

Happy reading.

2 comments:

  1. I am very interested in your blog. I live in the U.S. and I have 17 month old twins. My mother-in-law is a certified 0-3 Montessori teacher, though she's retired now. She gave me loads of books and such, including her albums. She did them 20 years ago or so. I'm having trouble figuring out how to set up things so that each child may concentrate on an activity without the other constantly interrupting. It's very frustrating! My boys are a little delayed, so I think they are probably on par with your girls developmentally. Anyhow, thanks for recording your experiences!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jenny. I was so excited to see your comment. Another twin mum! There are loads of great sites related to Montessori and home schooling the Montessori way, but unfortunately there are not many out there related to multiples; however I did come across one fantastic site this weekend http://medoit.org/. I recommend popping over to this site and having a read.
      Oh yes we have interruptions as well, for some reason whatever their sibling has seems to be more interesting. I have found having the fun pod and the learning tower a good way of creating an opportunity for individual time :-) I have recently looked into a parent - toddler program, but I have visions of them following me around the room or me running from one activity to the next! So at this stage I am flip flopping from enrolling them to just staying at home and continuing with our endeavours.

      Delete