Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Our Local Library

I love the library. It's free! As a twin mum I look for places that provide good parking and easy access to the facilities, including a door wide enough for a twin pram to enter and move about. Libraries tick all the boxes. Also some libraries have undercover parking so on a rainy day they are perfect places to visit.

I have always loved libraries. I aim to instill a love of books, or more importantly reading into my children. We read to the girls everyday and we visit the library every fortnight. I often travel to other libraries, as each library offers something different. The libaries do get busier with the after school crowd, so I prefer to visit before 2:30 pm. This allows A&G the opportunity to leave their pram and explore the library.

This is the children's space in our local library. Libraries today are different to when I was young. Beautiful don't you think? A special space design for little people.



All the board books are stored on the bottom shelf. Little people (crawlers and walkers) can move about this space without parents worrying about the books been torn by curious little individuals.


There is enough open space for tummy time, crawlers and walkers. Plus enough room for our twin pram to move and park up without been in the way. Before A&G crawled I would often lay a blanket on the floor and put them down for tummy time.


The library also has a selection of toys members can borrow (including puzzles and pretend play items). Every week they display a "Toy of the Week." When we visited an activity centre was the toy of the week and it kept A&G very busy.



So if you haven't visited your local library recently give it a try, there is something for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment