Friday, April 20, 2012

Gardening Activity

I love vegetable gardens, as we are renting I'm limited to gardening in pots. A salad garden is always good to have and can be gown most of the year in South East Queensland. On the weekend I purchased a variety of salad seedlings. The other day the girls and I planted the seedling consisting of lettue and Kale. Not sure how the Kale will go in our warmer climate.

I set up the potting station in our garage. As they are too young to really garden, I did all the work and talked to them about what I was doing. They were most attentive, until A became bored and crawled off to bang on the drink fridge door. G remained and seemed facinated by what I was doing. I turned around to pick up the brush and shovel to clean up our mess. When I turned back around, two seedlings were missing and G had a lettuce leaf hang out of her mouth.

Success alround and finised off by the girls crawling to their room for an afternoon nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment