Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wavy Knife or Crinkle Knife



We own two wavy/crinkle cutters or knives. The black one I have owed pre-children. We only own one. The handle is designed for use by an adult. I have seen this exact type for purchase in several kitchen stores. I use this a lot when I am whipping up a stir fry for dinner. It is especially handy for cutting vegetables, like carrots and zucchini.  Post children I often use this to halve vegetable or hamburger patties, cut apples, carrots, pumpkins or sweet potatoes into interesting chips for the girls dinner or snack.

We own two of the green wavy cutters. I made sure I brought two, one for each child and both are the exact same colour. I would have liked red, but they only had one in stock. Purchasing two in different colours, has the potential to lead to conflict at the moment, so items exactly the same is a safer bet.

Stephanie at Montessori on the Double has recently posted about cutting with a knife and kitchen activities. If you have not read her post a link is here. Kylie at How we Montessori also posted about the same topic here.

The green one is the exact same brand mentioned by Stephanie at Montessori on the Double and the same one pictured in use in How we Montessori.

I purchased ours from our local kitchen store for $6.95. The brand is Joie. I have seen this available in red, green and yellow. I did take a photo of our wavy/crinkle knife in its packaging (see below.) Size wise the knife is 9cm long and 8 cm wide, about the size of a cup coaster.

 

If you are based in Brisbane we purchased ours from Whisk Home Essentials in Northlakes Westfield Shopping Centre, but you could also try Robins Kitchens or House stores, which can be found in most large shopping centres. These are small and easy to miss so ask the staff for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment